Each student should find an advisor who assigns papers to him or her. Schedule your paper presentation with Elsa Pan. The time is usually after the faculty presentation if held in the afternoon, or before the faculty presentation if held in the morning.
1. Assign papers to students.
2. Discuss with students about the paper before presentation. Make sure that the student has a basic understanding about the paper and the related area.
3. Reorganize student’s slides for a smoother presentation.
4. Give a course grade.
1. Present 1 paper in one semester to classmates and others interested.
2. For each paper presented, try to read a few related papers so that you can give a more general overview about all useful techniques for this topic.
3. Do your best to impress your advisor and the audience.
Schedule for the Spring semester, 2005
|10/06||羅光倫||TIGP||The protein structure prediction problem could be solved using the current PDB library|
|謝忠儒||生資所||MEDock: a web server for efficient prediction of ligand binding sites based on a novel optimization algorithm|
|10/13||林信男||TIGP||FAST: A Novel Protein Structure Alignment Algorithm|
|吳克銘||生資所||Genes that mediate breast cancer metastasis to lung|
|10/27||江萬田||TIGP||A network-based analysis of systemic inflammation in humans|
|11/03||許嘉忻||TIGP||Domain Rearrangments in Protein Evolution|
|楊志賢||生資所||A cell-based model for the photoacclimation and CO2-acclimation of photosynthetic apparatus|
|陳琦||生資所||Mutator Phenotype Resulting from DNA Polymerase IV Overproduction in Escherichia coli: Preferential Mutagenesis on the Lagging Strand|
|11/24||陳鯨太||TIGP||Real value prediction of solvent accessibility in proteins using multiple sequence alignment and secondary structure|
|羅偉軒||生資所||Characterization of peptides released from mitochondria: evidence for constant proteolysis and peptide efflux|
|張益峰||生資所||A computational approach for identifying pathogenicity islands in prokaryotic genomes|
|12/08||Sengupta, Amrita||TIGP||Improving the calculation of statistical significance in genome-wide scans|
|陳亭妏||生資所||MicroRNA-dependent localization of targeted mRNAs to mammalian P-bodies|
|12/15||邵遵文||生資所||Genome-wide Map of Nucleosome Acetylation and Methylation in Yeast|
Is a Ubiquitous Signaling Molecule in Bacteria:
Insights into Biochemistry of the GGDEF Protein Domain
|12/22||黃瑞蘭||生資所||Genetic evidence for a tumor suppressor role of HIF-2α|
|葉昌偉||生資所||Antisense Transcription in the Mammalian Transcriptome|